2003 - 2004
Old Whanau Records
Coming Soon
Archives Home
Full Archive Search
Type a name in the box below
(one word for best results)

Aroha Mai
You cannot add any information to any of these records - they are here for historical purposes only.

If you find something you want to know more about post in the current Papa Panui Forum
Ihaka HOHAIA From the Original Whakapapa Club
Tumanako Meroiti
New Zealand
Posted: 10/01/2006
I am searching for any information in regards to this name. Kura=Ihaka Hohaia. I am attempting to fill in gaps of my whakapapa. any assistance will be much appreciated.
Tu
ChrisM
Australia
Kia ora Tu,
do you know the area or Iwi Ihaka is from?
Ka kite
Chris
hohaia2
Aotearoa
Tena koe e hoa,

There are 2 Ihaka Hohaia's I know of.
One is a son of Murimotu Hohaia, and the other is a son of Tane Hohaia. I have knowledge of Ihaka Hohaia [a son of Tane Hohaia] and his tupuna.
Tane Hohaia is a grandson of the Nga Puhi rangatira, TE WHARERAHI. Tane Hohaia and my great grandmother were brother and sister. The Hohaia whanau are from in and around the Hokianga rohe, Northland.
I hope this helps!

Na Hohaia.
~ There are but two special gifts we can give our children... One is Roots - The other is Wings ~
hohaia2
Aotearoa
... there's a third Ihaka Hohaia also.
This Ihaka Hohaia is a son of Hohaia Rore and Erana Kiri. Hohaia Rore is a son of Tikapa Maihi.
Erana Kiri is a daugther of Poaka and Waiorooro.

Hohaia.
~ There are but two special gifts we can give our children... One is Roots - The other is Wings ~
TaMaHuRa
Aotearoa
Posted: 11/01/2006
Kia ora Tumanako,
The name Tumanako Meroiti rings a bell from Putaruru ways here. Tumanako was my grandmothers sisters son who was born back in the early 1900s. The Meroiti name was from his father who was from Tapuika - Te Arawa.
The blood of those old people who you speak of, flow through my veins, My grandfather whom you mentioned was a nephew to Meroiti, through his mother who both had the same father only.

(Do you know Nanae (daughter of Hohapeta Meroiti in Maketu ways? Dats a cousin to me)She'll have the korero.)

[]\\//||\\//[]\\//[]
[]//\\[]//\\||//\\[]
rgaden@reconx.net.nz

Posted: 27/03/2006
kia ora,
Depending on which Ihaka Hohaia you are looking for depends on more specific details. The koroua does not come from here but Ngapuhi tribe. I come from direct descendant to the Koroua Murimotu and further. Kia ora.
rgaden@reconx.net.nz

Posted: 27/03/2006
i can go back further to the korouas mentioned of Murimotu and Ihaka. My grandfather and father down to my brothers and myself. However, as mentioned to replies it all depends on the Ihaka Hohaia you want. Whanau Meroiti are very close to the Hohaia you say and also I am Tapuika. Good luck on your further search for your whakapapa and whanau.
pono

Posted: 29/03/2006
kia ora tumanako

The names kura married ihaka hohaia ring a bell, sounds fimilar.

Not sure if you fimiliar with the hohaia whanau from putaruru.
In year 2001 or 2002? kauea and whakaheke reunion held at whakairatamaiti(not sure spell right) marae, putaruru.

I heard someone's there by the name gloria maybe the person can help you with(think she still there)she hold the whakapapa of the hohaia whanau, her mother names tara hohaia died yr 2003 or 2004.
Their hapu ngati mahana, & tapuika of te arawa.
sorry I've no contact number to give you. If you passed by go to the marae there.

In the mean time, I'll talked with someone who knows at my end.
Will let you know soon.

pono

Posted: 30/03/2006
Kia ora tumanako

Hope this may be of help.
ihaka hohaia = kura.
Kura mohi-moses, tapuika te arawa.
Her parents wikirwhi mohi moses(te arawa) = tohau (ngati tamatera)
TaMaHuRa
Aotearoa
Posted: 02/04/2006
Kia ora my cuzz, in da Bay of pleeeeenty a Marrrneyyy... I know u direct descendant from dem tupuna....hehehe
[]\\//||\\//[]\\//[]
[]//\\[]//\\||//\\[]
TaMaHuRa
Aotearoa
Posted: 02/04/2006
Gloria Koia is our me and RGadens Custard and I am Rgadens first Custard...we all custards from Putaruru, Te Puke and Matauri, no matter witta way you go, we still a custards...hehehe
Gloria lives down at the Pa, but she s buuuuuuuuuuuusy woman. In actual fact it, you won't be able to get the Pirika whakapapa from Gloria, coze she don't connect from them lines, thats why I mentioned Nan Hoani in maketu, coze Nan comes down them lines, and we and Nan are all first custards.
[]\\//||\\//[]\\//[]
[]//\\[]//\\||//\\[]
1 of 2 [ 2 ]