2003 - 2004
Old Whanau Records
Coming Soon
Archives Home
Full Archive Search
Type a name in the box below
(one word for best results)

Aroha Mai
You cannot add any information to any of these records - they are here for historical purposes only.

If you find something you want to know more about post in the current Papa Panui Forum
PAKI From the Original Whakapapa Club
Parakao1

Posted: 24/03/2006
I'm trying to find out some info about my great grandmothers Paki whanau from Takahiwai.
Horianaoz
Australia
Posted: 31/03/2006
Kia ora i know some Paki's but i live in Australia and im too sure where they originated from but i will ask them if you like...?
Kia kaha, Horiana
Parakao1

Posted: 19/04/2006
I dont suppose theyre from Takahiwai - Patuharakeke?
sista_brown
Aotearoa
Posted: 19/04/2006
I don't really know the Paki's, but I know of the Pitmans and Mackies from Takahiwai, Patuharakeke. They must be linked through the lines somewhere huh? I have a couple of friends from there that I can ask, if you like?
Ka mate au ooku tikanga, ka ora ai ooku tikanga
Sometimes we have to break tikanga, just to keep it alive.
Lia Paki
Australia
Posted: 04/05/2006
I am a Paki from Patuharakeke, Takahiwai. What was your grandmothers name, when did she live there, and whom were her children? Also yes, the Paki;s & Pitmans, are all related. Get back tyo me, and I;ll try and give you all the info I can.
Lia Ria Paki
Lia Paki
Australia
Posted: 12/05/2006
I forgot to include my e-mail address, LiaRia@hotmail.com.
Lia Ria Paki
Lia Paki
Australia
Posted: 23/05/2006
quote:

Kia Ora e te whanaunga,

Grandparents:
Rua Panui (f) - Patuharakeke, Te Uri o Hau
Nahi Hemi Nahi (m) - Ngati Terino, Te Uriroroi, Ngati Hine

Great grandparents:
Tariao Paki (f) - Patuharakeke
Te Ihi Panui (m) - Te Uri o Hau

I think my great grandmother would have been born in the mid-late 1800's because my nan was in her 60's when she passed away in '81. I know my nan was brought up down in Kaipara (her fathers whenua)

I've have been trying to find my nan's mothers whakapapa for a few years now. My mum has told me that we are whanau to the Pitmans and Mackies and a few of the other whanau out Takahiwai but I'd like to know how.

If you could help me out, I will be forever greatful.

Kia Ora;

Lets see what we can do, I have your Info and I will ask my Dad who holds all our Paki Whanau Whakapapa back in Whanagarei. I;ll post you as soon as I have something. Do yopu know also that we have a Marae Website for Takahiwai Marae? Lots of info and whanau updates, check it out.
Lia Ria Paki
sheree_tm
Aotearoa
Posted: 20/11/2006
quote:

quote:

Kia Ora e te whanaunga,

Grandparents:
Rua Panui (f) - Patuharakeke, Te Uri o Hau
Nahi Hemi Nahi (m) - Ngati Terino, Te Uriroroi, Ngati Hine

Great grandparents:
Tariao Paki (f) - Patuharakeke
Te Ihi Panui (m) - Te Uri o Hau

I think my great grandmother would have been born in the mid-late 1800's because my nan was in her 60's when she passed away in '81. I know my nan was brought up down in Kaipara (her fathers whenua)

I've have been trying to find my nan's mothers whakapapa for a few years now. My mum has told me that we are whanau to the Pitmans and Mackies and a few of the other whanau out Takahiwai but I'd like to know how.

If you could help me out, I will be forever greatful.

Kia Ora;

Lets see what we can do, I have your Info and I will ask my Dad who holds all our Paki Whanau Whakapapa back in Whanagarei. I;ll post you as soon as I have something. Do yopu know also that we have a Marae Website for Takahiwai Marae? Lots of info and whanau updates, check it out.

Do you have connections to Pouaka Paki and Eru Paki. I have connections to Eru Paki through Pouaka Paki and Marara Paki.
Brooke Paki
Australia
Posted: 02/03/2007
hi. i may not be much help because i dont know alot of my ancestry and i am only 19yrs old but i am a paki, and the names pouaka, eru and maraea sound very familiar to me-i am sure they are connected to me somewhere along the line. i also live in australia but many of my family are still in NZ. my grandparents are mere (nee kelly) and reihana paki and my parents are louise (nee alldred) and paul paki. if any of this info means anything to anyone i can find out more through my family. most have a better idea about family geneaology.

brookepaki@optusnet.com.au
sheree_tm
Aotearoa
Posted: 05/03/2007
The Paki whanau that I am related to are from Huntly and I have the Paki whakapapa book of Pouaka Paki and his descendents. I am also related to the Paki's through the Randall, Honetana and Waikato whanau.
MBCarlyonHonetana
New Zealand
Posted: 08/03/2007
Kia ora,
I have been taling to one of our Kuia who has said that the Paki's were originally Putaranui's and they changed their name when they came down this way but at Takahiwai they are buried under Putaranui. our Koroua Hare Puke's mum is Marara Putaranui on her birth certificate and head stone. They are currently trying to kawemate them back to Kahungunu lines soon, the discussions are in progress. Thought this might help Paki searchers
1 of 1