December 12 2019 17:30:21
View Thread
 Print Thread
Email Scam
ChrisM
Just to get it out there, there is a new scam going around where they hack into some ones email (and they can read and send from it), and send emails to everyone on their address saying they have been robbed and are stuck somwhere as they have no money or Id. and ask for money to be transferred via Western ...... (something I cant remember) or you can ring the "Hotel reception" who are kindly helping them sort it out.

I have got this one recently, and an aquaintance's parents have just lost a few grand through this as well.

If a hotel is truly helping someone out with this sort of stuff then they would not mind a personal conversation being made to the person in trouble.

kakawahanui
Kia ora for this info ChrisM Thumb up

I saw this post a week ago then got one of these emails a few days later!

It is Western Union - and that should ring alarm bells for everyone - Western Union is a way to transfer money without it having to go through a bank so you can not get your money back when it is dodgy!

If a hotel is truly helping someone out with this sort of stuff then they would not mind a personal conversation being made to the person in trouble.

Absolutely!

Or you can google the supposed hotel and then phone the number on their website Grin
kakakakakakakakakakakaka

Jump to Forum:
Copyright © 2011