Post your news and requests for information in the forums, which has topics for finding whanau (family), whanau events (tangihanga, funerals, reunions, anniversaries etc), general korero as well as events.
There is also a calendar which you can add your events to and a link section where you can add your Maori sites.
i am looking for any information to Tupuna Te Tihi of the Hokianga area,
I know he had a Pa in Lower Waihou, that this Pa was attacked and many fell.
1. he was killed there by Hongi hika and an eye was removed and eaten by him.
2. An alternative story found states he escaped to a neighboring Pa and took refuge with whanau,
3. two sons Hone Matarauhi and Hamahona, There may be other children?
4. there is a connection by whakapapa to Kaipara, I have this line.
but im aware that he is kin to Tamati Waka Nene whose tuakana brother is Patuone, it is this lineage and link that i am looking to find?
5. i would love to know where he was Buried? as WE would love to pay our respects
I am reaching out to you all, to ask for your help in tracing this line or any information that will lead me back to his Marae, Place of Birth, info on his wife and or child Hone Matarauhi.