December 16 2017 04:48:39
View Thread
 Print Thread
Enquiring about a Facebook group and if there is a whakapapa programme for recording our research
donna
Kia ora. It has been a while since I have come into this site so my questions may be somewhere on this site. First question...Does this site have a Facebook Group?
Second question. I use Legacy to record all my information but was wondering if there is a similar programme where we can record the Waka, Awa, Iwi, Hapu, Marae etc that is pertinent for us. The other programes that are available do not have a place other than recording it in the notes area

poutokomanawa
Kia ora.

There is a new facebook page - [url=Whakapapa Club]https://www.facebook.com/WhakapapaClub/[/url] that has just been started.

I know what you mean about not being able to record waka etc except in notes. There used to be a Whanau Records here where we could do that, but after the crash that disappeared. Seeing as the site is being recoded maybe that could be revived Grin

I use Geneweb which I like as it will draw the "bramble bush" trees and not just the pedigree charts. So if you have the lines from say 4 children of a captain of a waka down to you it will draw all of those lines, showing where they join. If they join multiple time it will show that as well Smile

One way I get the waka in is I do I create a "Title" for people. For example Rangatira o NAME OF WAKA then I can look up all of the people for that, or for the Rangatira title. So using the same idea I suppose you could create a title Uri o te Waka NAME OF WAKA or for those who were on board Tangata o te Waka NAME OF WAKA. Not sure if that would work in Legacy though but may give you some ideas of how to work around it Smile
Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

donna
Awesome reply. Will check out the Facebook group and will play around with my Legacy programme with how you have described how to record infoWink

Jump to Forum:
Copyright © 2011